As I previewed on MSF just a few days ago, ABC and ESPN are bringing us a great NBA on Christmas Day slate of action starting at noon and going late into the night.
Before we get to the NBA’s Christmas Day schedule for 2012, a quick little something for anyone who might at all be struggling to get into the Christmas spirit.
Check out this video of some of the NBA’s finest singing a basketball rendition of “Jingle Bells.”
Chicago bowed out in the first round after losing Derrick Rose, which left the Spurs and Thunder as the teams with the two best remaining records in the playoffs.
They will now square off to determine which team will win the West and reach the Finals.
The defending champion Mavericks take on the team that they beat in last year’s Western Conference Finals, the Thunder, in this year’s first round.
This year’s series looks like it will have a different result, as the Thunder are arguably the best team in basketball, and definitely favorites to reach the NBA Finals.
The power rankings will work a little differently this week than in the past. Instead of giving an explanation for each team, there will just be the rankings. This gives you, the reader, a chance to comment with your thoughts on individual teams, and the rankings as a whole.
1. Chicago Bulls (Last Week #3)
2. Oklahoma City Thunder (Last Week #2)
3. Miami Heat (Last Week #1)
4. Los Angeles Lakers (Last Week #10)
5. San Antonio Spurs (Last Week #4)
6. Indiana Pacers (Last Week #6)
7. Memphis Grizzlies (Last Week #11)
8. Los Angeles Clippers (Last Week #5)
9. Orlando Magic (Last Week #8)
10. Dallas Mavericks (Last Week #7)
11. Boston Celtics (Last Week #19)
12. Philadelphia 76ers (Last Week #13)
13. Atlanta Hawks (Last Week #15)
14. Denver Nuggets (Last Week #17)
15. Houston Rockets (Last Week #9)
16. New York Knicks (Last Week #16)
17. Minnesota Timberwolves (Last Week #12)
18. Utah Jazz (Last Week #21)
19. Portland Trail Blazers (Last Week #14)
20. Phoenix Suns (Last Week #22)
21. Milwaukee Bucks (Last Week #23)
22. Golden State Warriors (Last Week #20)
23. New Jersey Nets (Last Week #27)
24. Toronto Raptors (Last Week #26)
25. Sacramento Kings (Last Week #28)
26. Detroit Pistons (Last Week #24)
27. New Orleans Hornets (Last Week #25)
28. Cleveland Cavaliers (Last Week #18)
29. Washington Wizards (Last Week #29)
30. Charlotte Bobcats (Last Week #30)
Team who rose the highest: Boston Celtics
Team who fell the farthest: Cleveland Cavaliers