In Episode 14 of the MLB Trivia Challenge Podcast sponsored by the M&A consultants and advisors at Generational Equity, Jerod and Ari welcome…no one. They handle this one themselves.
Jerod takes a stab at Ari’s most challenging slate of questions yet, and then they discuss what has made the 2011 MLB playoffs so memorable before previewing the World Series matchup between Texas and St. Louis.
Click play on the player below to listen to this week’s episode:
The link above skips you to the bottom of this page where quiz is embedded. Podcast will continue playing.
Quick Standings Update (as of October 19th, 2:22 PM CT):
- Craig Davey, Dan Greenham, Tony Nelson – 81
- Chuck Dombrock, Jeff Wallack, Kevin Luljak – 80
- John Krampf – 78
- Louie Tartaglia – 75
This is everyone with 70 or more points. A few of the usual suspects haven’t turned in the last few quizzes, so I expect they will soon. If you think there is some error in your score, let us know and we can review.
Take note: ALL QUIZZES MUST BE TURNED IN BY THURSDAY, OCTOBER 27TH at 11:59 PM CT. No exceptions. We’ll announce the winner of the grand prize on Friday.
A few quick notes:
- The MLB Trivia Challenge is available on iTunes. Listen and subscribe here.
- Be sure to follow the MSF Trivia Challenge Podcast on Twitter: @MLBTriviaMSF.
- If you like the intro and outro music, and I know you will, it was provided to us by the Twin Cats out of Indianapolis. We encourage you to like them on Facebook or check out their music here.
Here are links to all the old quizzes, in case you missed one:
- Episode 1 with Ken Rosenthal
- Episode 2 with Will Carroll
- Episode 3 with Big League Stew
- Episode 4 with Tim Dierkes of MLB Trade Rumors
- Episode 5 with Derek Schultz of XL950 in Indianapolis
- Episode 6 with Deadspin founder Will Leitch
- Episode 7 with Gregg Doyel of CBS Sports
- Episode 8 with Scott Sargent of Waiting For Next Year
- Episode 9 with Jonah Keri of Grantland
- Episode 10 with Jim Margalus of South Side Sox
- Episode 11 with Al Beaton of Bless You Boys
- Episode 12 with Trenni Kusnierek
- Episode 13 with Amanda Rykoff
Your Turn to Compete and Win Prizes
Now onto the fun stuff: your chance to match wits with the “experts” and win prizes.
As explained on the rules and information page, we will be rewarding one winner each time a new MLB Trivia Challenge Podcast and quiz are posted. This winner will be awarded as follows:
- Each correct answer nets you one point. Most points wins.
- In the event of a tie, we will choose from the top group at random.
- The winner receives a $20 gift certificate to Chili’s*, which is perfect for a Chili’s Lunch Break.
- Weekly winners can go bold with the new six-dollar lunch break combo at Chili’s. Choose a house made soup or salad and then pick a half Texas Toast sandwich like the Southwestern BLT smothered in cilantro lime mayo.
- See all the great Lunch Break combos at Chilis.com.
- Note: You have ONE WEEK from today to submit yours answers and be eligible for the weekly prize. Next Thursday at 11:59 pm CT, entries are closed and we award a winner.
In addition to the weekly prizes, a grand prize winner will be chosen at the end of the season. Simply put, the grand prize winner will be the person who tallies up the most points throughout the season, regardless of when the quiz is taken.
A few final notes you need to know before we let you have at it:
- LISTEN to the podcast; each week we will be including one bonus question taken directly from our discussion.
- ONLY your first entry counts, for the weekly prize and grand prize.
- MAKE SURE you use the same UserID throughout the season. This is how we will keep track of your scores.
- PAY CLOSE ATTENTION to the instructions after each question. Due to the parameters of the quiz program we are using, and our inability to hand-grade thousands of quizzes each week, we must request that you very specific and particular in how you answer the questions. Thus, you MUST spell names correctly. Think of it this way: attention to detail is paramount in baseball, so shouldn’t it be part of the challenge? Absolutely.
Obviously we cannot post the answers because this is an ongoing trivia challenge.
Check back next Friday when we post the final results of the MLB Trivia Challenge sponsored by Generational Equity. It very could include an announcement of a tie-breaker challenge, unless someone can separate themselves from the pack this week.
Remember: someone is winning an iPad and a subscription to MLB.tv when this is all said and done…it might as well be you.
* – Chili’s gift certificate good in U.S. only.