The All Star game is over, which meant that yesterday was one of the bleakest days on the annual sports calendar: no basketball, no football, no hockey, and for the only Spring and Summer day…no baseball! But the boys of summer are back in action tonight, and you are back in action this morning as Episode #7 of the MLB Trivia Challenge Podcast (sponsored by the buyer ready experts at Generational Equity) is rarin’ and ready to go.
And we’re back with a bang: Gregg Doyel and his perpetually strong opinions make their first appearance on an MSF podcast, and he was well worth the wait (though Bud Selig might not agree…)
In case you missed the update earlier this week, here are the current standings heading into Episode #7.
Remember: the overall winner at the end of the season gets an iPad and a subscription to MLB.tv for next season. And if you’re just finding out about the challenge now, you can always catch up on all the old podcasts and quizzes here. Scores are cumulative and entries can be submitted until the end of the season.
Also, a shoutout to last week’s quiz winner, and recipient of the $20 Chili’s gift certificates, Geoffrey Hollander. Now let’s see if Geoffrey or Jeff or Andrew or one of the other consistent high scorers can give Dan Greenham a run for his money!
The link above skips you to the bottom of this page where quiz is embedded. Podcast will continue playing.
A few quick notes:
- The MLB Trivia Challenge is available on iTunes. Listen and subscribe here.
- Be sure to follow the MSF Trivia Challenge Podcast on Twitter: @MLBTriviaMSF.
- If you like the intro and outro music, and I know you will, it was provided to us by the Twin Cats out of Indianapolis. We encourage you to like them on Facebook or check out their music here.
REMEMBER: The grand prize of an iPad and a subscription to MLB.tv is given to the person who tallies the most points throughout the season. Even if you missed the first four quizzes, you can go back and take them now:
Your Turn to Compete and Win Prizes
Now onto the fun stuff: your chance to match wits with the “experts” and win prizes.
As explained on the rules and information page, we will be rewarding one winner each time a new MLB Trivia Challenge Podcast and quiz are posted. This winner will be awarded as follows:
- Each correct answer nets you one point. Most points wins.
- In the event of a tie, we will choose from the top group at random.
- The winner receives a $20 gift certificate to Chili’s*, which is perfect for a Chili’s Lunch Break.
- Weekly winners can go bold with the new six-dollar lunch break combo at Chili’s. Choose a house made soup or salad and then pick a half Texas Toast sandwich like the Southwestern BLT smothered in cilantro lime mayo.
- See all the great Lunch Break combos at Chilis.com.
- Note: You have ONE WEEK from today to submit yours answers and be eligible for the weekly prize. Next Thursday at 11:59 pm CT, entries are closed and we award a winner.
In addition to the weekly prizes, a grand prize winner will be chosen at the end of the season. Simply put, the grand prize winner will be the person who tallies up the most points throughout the season, regardless of when the quiz is taken.
A few final notes you need to know before we let you have at it:
- LISTEN to the podcast; each week we will be including one bonus question taken directly from our discussion.
- ONLY your first entry counts, for the weekly prize and grand prize.
- MAKE SURE you use the same UserID throughout the season. This is how we will keep track of your scores.
- PAY CLOSE ATTENTION to the instructions after each question. Due to the parameters of the quiz program we are using, and our inability to hand-grade thousands of quizzes each week, we must request that you very specific and particular in how you answer the questions. Thus, you MUST spell names correctly. Think of it this way: attention to detail is paramount in baseball, so shouldn’t it be part of the challenge? Absolutely.
Obviously we cannot post the answers because this is an ongoing trivia challenge.
Check back in two weeks when we’ll post the 8th episode of the MLB Trivia Challenge sponsored by the buyer ready experts at Generational Equity. Remember: someone is winning an iPad and a subscription to MLB.tv when this is all said and done…it might as well be you.
* – Chili’s gift certificate good in U.S. only.