Aaron Hernandez news: Arrest warrant issued for New England Patriots tight end

UPDATE No. 2: ESPN is now reporting what we did earlier, that an arrest warrant is coming for Hernandez. It began to be prepared after law-enforcement officials discovered that his home security system (which included surveillance cameras) was intentionally destroyed.

UPDATE: CBS Sports is now reporting that an arrest warrant has not yet been issued for Hernandez. But we have been told that it should be coming soon.

FOX 25 in Boston is now reporting that authorities have issued an arrest warrant for New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez. The warrant is for obstruction of justice in connection to the investigation into the murder of 27-year-old Odin Lloyd. Lloyd was found dead in an industrial park less than a mile from Hernandez’s North Attleboro, Mass. home on Monday.

Here is a brief recap of what we know so far:

Aaron HernandezHernandez and Lloyd knew each other and were seen together several times in the days leading up to Lloyd’s death. Last Friday the men were together at Rumor nightclub in Boston, according to Thomas Moore, the manager of the establishment. The two men reportedly sat together in a VIP section at a roped-off table with several people.

A law-enforcement official has claimed that Hernandez left a Boston bar in a car with Lloyd and two other men hours before Lloyd’s body was discovered. Around that time Lloyd sent a text message that referenced Hernandez. Three men returned to Hernandez’s home, but Lloyd was not one of them.

Video surveillance from Hernandez’s neighborhood has been found that shows him with Lloyd just hours before his body was found. Lloyd was also reportedly dating the sister of Hernandez’s girlfriend.

Authorities are also saying that Hernandez destroyed his home security system, which included video surveillance equipment, and the cell phone he gave to authorities was also smashed in piece. The 23-year-old Florida product also reportedly hired a cleaning crew to “scrub his house” on Monday.

On Thursday Hernandez tried to work out at Gillette Stadium, but was turned away by Patriots staff members.

In addition to all of those reports, Hernandez is also the subject of a lawsuit in Florida, in which a man alleges the tight end shot him with a handgun after they argued back in February. Alexander Bradley, the plaintiff, alleges the wound caused him to lose his right eye, and he was forced to undergo facial reconstructive surgery. He also suffered permanent damage to his right hand and arm.

The $100,000 suit was originally filed on July 13, but was dismissed because of a paperwork error. It has now been refiled. The Palm Beach County police have said they will not investigate the case without the cooperation of the victim. If Bradley contacts the sheriff’s violent crime unit the case could be reopened.

*Originally posted on Rumors and Rants



About Ryan Phillips

Speak Your Mind