Whoaa, we’re halfway there! It’s part three of our Division-by-Division 2013 MLB Preview. This week, Corey and I tackled the American League Central.
We’ll provide you with each team’s projected line-up, rotation, bench, and bullpen. We look at who arrived for each team in the offseason (and who departed) and ask the major questions each team will have heading in to the new season.
Topics discussed this week:
- What the addition of Tori Hunter will mean for the Tigers
- What can we expect from Victor Martinez in 2013?
- Who will close in Detroit? (a Rock City. Get up!)
- How many Christmas cards did Andy Dirks get from Suley?
- Can Alexi Ramirez and Gordon Beckham bounce back?
- Suley and Corey disagree on how good Alejandro De Aza is
- How much will the losses of Kevin Youkilis and AJ Pierzynski affect the White Sox?
- Which Alex Rios will we see in 2013?
- By adding Nick Swisher and Jeremy Giambi, how much more “bro” are the Indians?
- Will Ubaldo Jimenez ever live up to his potential?
- Are the Indians now contenders?
- The Indians’ shockingly great bullpen
- Will the Royals end the longest playoff drought in baseball? (since 1985)
- Will James Shields suffer from the change in scenery?
- Jeff Francouer is a great guy, but a horrid starting player
- Will anyone break “The Curse of the Balboni”? (no Royals hitter has hit 36 HR since Steve Balboni in 1985, the last time they made the playoffs)
- Jokes about Hostess discontinuing Twinkies, and Minnesota’s crumminess
- Will Justin Morneau ever recover from the Aaron Hill kneedrop?
- Are Trevor Plouffe and Josh Willingham’s 2012 success repeatable?
- How much will the Twins miss Revere and Span?
All this, plus our projected records for each AL Central team.
Next episode: The NL Central Preview
Click on the player below to listen:
Connect with the Call To The Bullpen Podcast: