When Corey and I last left you, we broke down every transaction from the end of the 2012 World Series until the start of the Winter Meetings. In the past nine days, business has only picked up.
Corey and I hunker down, and after some very necessary reflection on “American History X” and “That 70′s Show,” break down all the big moves of the past nine days, and what the aftermath will be heading in to 2013.
Warming up on this Call:
- We analyze Monday’s blockbuster trade between the Rays and Royals (you can also read about said deal here)
- Zack Greinke signs with the Dodgers to the largest contract ever given to a right-handed pitcher.
- The Dodgers sign Ryu Hyun-jin with, literally, minutes to spare. We also make a myriad of Street Fighter references
- Mike Napoli signs with Boston and why he could be the second coming of Dante Bichette.
- Michael Young is traded to the Phillies, cementing the Rangers’ change in identity and also creating a possible liability defensively in Philly
- Eric Chavez and Andruw Jones are no longer Yankees
- Ben Revere heads to Philadelphia, while Vance Worley joins the Twins’ rotation
- With Angel Pagan, Shane Victorino and Ryan Ludwick’s recent contracts, what is the perceived value of veteran outfielders
- Will the James Loney and Yunel Escobar acquisitions pan out for the Tampa Bay Rays?
Click on the player below to listen:
Connect with the Call To The Bullpen Podcast: