Several teams had a lot to play for this past weekend, and while it hasn’t been a dream season for the Big Ten, some schools still have dreams they kept alive.
Obviously, Nebraska’s win over Michigan State keeps them in control of their own destiny and Indiana, a team who hadn’t won a conference game under Kevin Wilson until week nine this year, has a showdown with Wisconsin next week for the Big Ten leaders division championship slot.
Oh yeah, and Ohio State is still undefeated.
Next week should be another interesting week in the Big Ten, but in anticipation, take a look at our picks from last week.
Michigan vs. Minnesota
- Kevin’s Pick -Minnesota 23-19
- Dustin’s Pick – Michigan 31-14
- Final Score – Michigan 35-13
It was tough sledding in the early part of the game without Denard Robinson, but Michigan was able to keep possession of the Little Brown Jug.
Iowa vs. Indiana
- Kevin’s Pick – Indiana 33-30
- Dustin’s Pick – Iowa 26-22
- Final Score – Indiana 24-21
Iowa continues to stumble this season while Indiana is now in contention to play for a Big Ten Championship. I still can’t believe I have to type those words…
Illinois vs. Ohio State
- Kevin’s Pick – Ohio State 31-17
- Dustin’s Pick – Ohio State 42-10
- Final Score – Ohio State 52-22
Ohio State absolutely clobbered Illinois, just like most thought they would. It would be incredible for Urban Meyer to finish undefeated in his first season at the helm of the Buckeyes.
Penn State vs. Purdue
- Kevin’s Pick – Penn State 28-24
- Dustin’s Pick – Penn State 34-24
- Final Score – Penn State 34-9
I’m not sure why Kevin and I thought Purdue would be able to put up points against Penn State. Another embarrassing loss in front of a weak home crowd on Saturday.
#20 Nebraska vs. Michigan State
- Kevin’s Pick – Nebraska 20-16
- Dustin’s Pick – Nebraska 24-12
- Final Score – Nebraska 28-24
Nebraska couldn’t afford to slip up this weekend and they didn’t. A big win for the Huskers in East Lansing helped them inch closer to Indianapolis.
- Kevin – 66
- Dustin – 56