Welcome back, drinking game fans.
My apologies for taking last week off. I have no good excuses, so I will ask you to accept this video of a chimpanzee riding a Segway as a token of my regret and a thank you for you returning this week.
Wasn’t that awesome?
Now, when we last talked we were prepping for the 49ers to beat down the Cardinals, and they followed through nicely.
In all, that game featured right around 90 drinks, enough to make even the heartiest of drinkers quite tipsy.
This week the action moves to Pittsburgh, as the surging Steelers take on the ailing Chiefs. We need something to make this game interesting, and the only two surefire things that can do that are gambling and drinking. And only one of those is legal in the entire U.S.A. (provided you’re over 21).
I’m gonna have to get creative to get us good and drunk for this one, so brace yourselves.
If you need tips on how to prepare for a great MNF drinking game, click HERE.
Monday Night Football Drinking Game: Chiefs vs. Steelers
Take one drink each time one of the following things happen:
- Ben Roethlisberger gets hit but not tackled
- Either team records a sack
- Jamaal Charles runs for more than 5 yards on a carry
- Todd Haley’s offense is referred to as “dink and dunk” or it is expressed that it is an offense designed for short passes
- Todd Haley does this:
- Either team commits a turnover
- Stanford Routt is mentioned
- Gerry Austin’s voice is heard but he is not shown on screen
- A personal foul penalty is committed
- A Chiefs wide receiver other than Dwayne Bowe catches a pass
- Any of the Steelers’ running backs gains more than 5 yards on a carry
- Someone in a Batman or Bane costume is shown
- Any Chiefs offensive play results in a gain of 15 or more yards
- Any Steelers offensive play results in a gain of 20 or more yards
- Emmanuel Sanders catches a pass
- Mike Wallace runs the ball
- Todd Haley does this:
- Peyton Hillis carries the ball
- Tirico or Gruden mention fantasy football
- A quarterback besides Matt Cassel takes a snap for the Chiefs (ignore if he gets knocked out of the game in the 1st half)
- A Steelers player injures a Chiefs player (not exactly noble, but hey, this is a drinking game)
- Todd Haley drives his 1989 Iroc-Z onto the field and does donuts in the end zone
There should be plenty of drinks to be had, especially on sacks, turnovers and Steelers rushes for 5+ yards.
I expect to get plenty wasted during this mess, so follow along on Twitter as I’ll be live tweeting the game until I blackout or pass out.
Be sure to check out next week’s drinking game for a recap of this one!