It’s that time of year again. The holidays are here. You might be dreading the headaches of coordinating schedules with the family. Or maybe you don’t even want to think about the list of presents you have to buy.
But with the holiday stress comes the great parts of this time of year – spending time with family and friends through family gatherings and, of course, the parties!
We’ve found these three delicious mixed drink recipes that are sure to make your next gathering a hit, whether it’s a sporting event or a party. Plus, they’re sure to knock any inkling of Scrooge right out of you.
1. Crown Royal Maple Cider
- 1.5 ounces of Crown Royal Maple Whisky
- 2 ounces of Apple Cider
- Garnish with a half pat of butter and cinnamon stick
- Dry shake all ingredients and pour into a coffee mug.
- Top with hot water.
- Garnish with a pat of butter and cinnamon stick.
Why it’s a great holiday drink recipe: This one is my favorite of the bunch. Who doesn’t like a nice twist on an old classic beverage?
If you are gearing up for the big game at home or hitting the parking lot to tailgate, it’s always nice to have a hot beverage.
2. Dickel Hot Toddy
- 1.5 ounces of George Dickel Tennessee Whisky No. 8
- 1 tablespoon of fine grain sugar
- Slice of lemon
- Piece of cinnamon stick
- Dry shake all ingredients, pour into an Old Fashioned glass or mug.
- Add 1-2 ounces of boiling water, stir, and garnish with a lemon twist spiked with cloves and a cinnamon stick.
Just a word of caution here – boiling water tends to be very hot.
Why it’s a great holiday drink recipe: Just as the Crown Royal Maple Cider is a great beverage to keep you warm, The George Dickel Tennessee Whisky combined with the spiced heat of cloves and cinnamon will make for the perfect hot toddy after a long day on the slopes or just battling the cold winter winds no matter what state you live in.
3. Bulleit Rye Manhattan
- Ounce Bulleit Rye
- .025 ounce Sweet Vermouth
- Dashes Angostura Bitters
- Pour ingredients over ice, stir or shake and strain into a martini or rocks glass.
- Garnish with a luxardo cherry and a lemon peel expressed and discarded.
Why it’s a great holiday drink recipe: Savor the classic cocktail while cavorting with your friends and get into an empire state-of-mind. The Bulleit Rye Manhattan can be served up or on the rocks, depending on if your mood is feeling uptown or downtown.
What are some of your favorite holiday drink recipes?