Heading into this week’s Call to the Bullpen, the Baltimore Orioles had closed the gap on the New York Yankees’ AL East lead to just one game with a four game series beginning Thursday night. The Tampa Bay Rays stand only 2.5 games back as now three teams have a legitimate shot in the East.
Corey and I break down the race and go around the league talking about which teams are contenders and which teams we expect to fall out of the playoff race in both the AL and NL.
We also debut two new segments this week and scrap “3 Up, 3 Down” as we instead turn our topics to you, the listener, as we answer 5 fan tweets this week. If you have any questions or queries, ask us on Twitter @Call_To_The_Pen or here in the comment section.
Also this week:
- Bryce Harper continues his teenage dream season
- Why the Strasburg-less Nationals are still contenders
- Suley loses his mind over the greatness of Kris Medlen
- What Erik Kratz and Josh Hamilton have in common
- Why math says the Orioles are worse than the Mariners
- Mark Reynolds stars in: A Tale of Two Seasons
Plus…. NO Games of the Weekend. Watch the entire Orioles/Yankees series and Dodgers/Giants series. Nothing else matters.
Click on the player below to listen:
Connect with the Call To The Bullpen Podcast: