The Saints defeated the Cardinals in the Hall of Fame Game this past Sunday, but the first full week of the preseason starts today.
There will be sixteen games played from today until Monday, with six being played tonight.
NFL Preseason Week 1 Schedule
Thursday, August 9
- Washington Redskins at Buffalo Bills (7 PM ET)
- Baltimore Ravens at Atlanta Falcons (7:30 PM ET)
- New Orleans Saints at New England Patriots (7:30 PM ET)
- Pittsburgh Steelers at Philadelphia Eagles (7:30 PM ET)
- Green Bay Packers at San Diego Chargers (8 PM ET on ESPN)
- Denver Broncos at Chicago Bears (8 PM ET)
Friday, August 10
- New York Jets at Cincinnati Bengals (7:30 PM ET on NFL Network)
- Cleveland Browns at Detroit Lions (7:30 PM ET)
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Miami Dolphins (7:30 PM ET)
- New York Giants at Jacksonville Jaguars (7:30 PM ET)
- Arizona Cardinals at Kansas City Chiefs (8 PM ET)
- Minnesota Vikings at San Francisco 49ers (9 PM ET)
Saturday, August 11
- Houston Texans at Carolina Panthers (7:00 PM ET on NFL Network)
- Tennessee Titans at Seattle Seahawks (10 PM ET on NFL Network)
Sunday, August 12
- St. Louis Rams at Indianapolis Colts (1:30 PM ET on NFL Network)
Monday, August 13
- Dallas Cowboys at Oakland Raiders (8 PM ET on ESPN)
Preseason Week 1 Storylines
Andrew Luck and RG3
The top two picks in the draft, Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin III, will both be seen for the first time in game action.
It is unlikely that they will be on the field for too long, as it is too risky to play two franchise quarterbacks for too long in the preseason.
New Team Debuts for Manning, Tebow
Peyton Manning will make his Broncos debut tonight in Chicago, while Tim Tebow will make his Jets debut on Friday in Cincinnati.
Tebow will have many roles in New York this year, but do not expect these to all be showcased in the preseason. It would be foolish to have Tebow get beat up by defenses in the preseason, as he will surely be taking countless hits during the regular season.
Browns’ New (But Same Ol’) Era Begins
Brandon Weeden will make his debut as the starting quarterback for the Browns when they take on the Lions in Detroit on Friday.
Trent Richardson will not play in the game, and likely not until the regular season begins, as he will be undergoing arthroscopic knee surgery.
To add to the woes, Joe Haden may miss four games due to a failed drug test.
With the Indians finally ending their 11-game losing streak, fans in Cleveland need something to look forward to, and having two star players out does not help.
Battle of Pennsylvania
The Pittsburgh Steelers’ offense will play their first game under new OC Todd Haley.
They take on the Eagles who have their coach, Andy Reid, dealing with the recent passing of his son. This will be a storyline all year, and I wish the best for Reid throughout the season.
What are you going to be watched the closest during the first week of the preseason?