Tonight marks the 1000th episode of Monday Night Raw. The show has come a very long way since it started back on January 11th, 1993.
The WWE has stacked the deck with former high profile wrestlers (Brock Lesnar and The Rock head the list), an on-screen wedding, and a big main event between CM Punk and John Cena for the WWE Title.
My tag team partner, Mike Beauvais, and I break down the entire announced line-up, give our thoughts and predictions and ask if the WWE is making a mistake by putting all their eggs in this one basket as we look forward to what will undoubtedly be a spectacle.
That’s not all. Mike and I went a little nuts talking all things wrestling. We touch on:
- How the WWE can create new stars
- The WWE making Raw 3 hours each week being a mistake
- How TNA has been great lately…
- … Except for the atrocious AJ Styles/Dixie Carter/ Chris Daniels story
- We look towards the Chikara: King of Trios and why Mike thinks the Batiri are destined to win
- What Ring of Honor is going to do with the Tag Division and rhett Titus now that Kennt King is gone
And most interestingly, we look at how wrestling reflects culture and how both have changed so dramatically during our time as fans.
Click play on the player below to listen:
How to subscribe to and follow the MSF Podcast so you never miss an episode:
- Subscribe to the MSF Podcast on iTunes
- Join the MSF Podcast Email Digest and get an email whenever a new episode is posted.
- Follow @PodcastMSF on Twitter or via RSS to get random funny tweets and updates as soon as new episodes are posted.
- Download this episode in mp3 format for later: Right-click this link, then hit “save link as”
- To learn about and subscribe to individual podcasts, click here.