It’s the episode you’ve all been waiting for: the Giant Sized Annual All-Star Edition of the Call to the Bullpen!
Corey and I discuss All-Stars that don’t quite belong (like these undeserving fellows from the 2000s), players who should have been invited to the dance, who we think will receive the MLB Final Votes, and general musings on why All-Star games are mostly meaningless with all the access fans now have to every team.
But it’s not all All-Star talk. We dive in to much, much more:
- Chris Carpenter is done for the season, and possibly for his career
- We discuss if the Pirates are for real
- What is Zach Greinke’s future? What team is the best fit should be be traded?
- Dontrelle Willis gets a career eulogy
- R.A. Dickey may be Suley’s favorite thing is baseball
- Andrew McCutchen may be Corey’s
- Robinson Cano is the class of second base in baseball
- Dan Uggla is not
- Joe Mauer is quietly having a great season
- Adam Lind is back and hitting everything
- Why the Cubs should trade Brian Lahair
- Who is Alexi Amarista?
All this, plus the Games to Watch This Weekend (and why you should be watching the Mets twice)
Click play on the player below to listen:
How to subscribe to and follow the MSF Podcast so you never miss an episode:
- Subscribe to the MSF Podcast on iTunes
- Join the MSF Podcast Email Digest and get an email whenever a new episode is posted.
- Follow @PodcastMSF on Twitter or via RSS to get random funny tweets and updates as soon as new episodes are posted.
- Download this episode in mp3 format for later: Right-click this link, then hit “save link as”
- To learn about and subscribe to individual podcasts, click here.