The Chicago White Sox are the hottest team in baseball. They have won eight games in a row, 12 out of 13, and sit alone atop the AL Central.
Veterans like Adam Dunn and Jake Peavy have rebounded, youngsters like Dayan Viciedo and Chris Sale have emerged as stars, and Paul Konerko’s batting average remains higher than the Cubs’ winning percentage.
As David Haugh put it, quite aptly: “The Sox are the potato chip tempting you to ruin your diet. Eat it. They are the neighbor’s pool taunting you at the end of a long, hot day. Dive in. Indulge yourselves, South Siders. Enjoy this as long as it lasts. Stretch your boundaries of baseball logic.”
Enjoy it we are, and we certainly enjoyed our discussion last night with Larry from South Side Sox about the Big club’s hot streak and what’s going on at the other levels of the organization.
- The recent dominance of Dayan Viciedo and what it suggests about his ceiling as a hitter.
- Chris Sale’s 15-K performance and what to expect for him the rest of the way.
- Addison Reed’s emergence as owner of the 9th inning.
- How are Trayce Thompson and Nestor Molina doing?
- Alejandro De Aza’s health, production, and contract status moving forward.
And we cover much more, as always, with plenty of laughter and good information to be had for all.
Click play on the player below to listen:
How to subscribe to and follow White Sox Off Day so you never miss an episode: