Watching football is good for three things: drinking, gambling, and having something to do on Sunday nights.
Thankfully, Super Bowl Sunday is the perfect combination of all three.
And what fun is it to just sit around and drink casually on your own terms? Why not have a little fun with it?
So to make things a bit more interesting, because let’s face it no one outside of the northeast corner of America actually wants to watch this year’s Big Game, here is the official MSF Super Bowl XLVI Drinking Game.
The rules are simple: anytime something in the list below happens, take a drink according to the category it is under. Feel free to add your own rules as well.
- Anytime Peyton Manning is mentioned
- Anytime Archie Manning is mentioned
- Anytime a beer commercial is played
- Anytime a player is shown crying
- Anytime Super Bowl XLII is mentioned
- Anytime Rob Gronkowski’s ankle is mentioned
- Every time you lose a bet (because it’s not a Super Bowl if you don’t have a few bets on the line)
- Successful Extra Point
- Bill Belichick and Tom Coughlin are shown and you’re first thought is, “That man looks constipated.” (Then stop taking drinks after this occurs three times, otherwise you’ll die.)
- Anytime Eli is caught making the “Eli Manning Face”
- Anytime Cooper Manning is mentioned
- Anytime a baby appears in a commercial
- Anytime Gisele is on screen
- Anytime a player complains to the ref about a call
- Anytime Tiquan Underwood is mentioned
- Any pass over 30 yards
- Any run over 20 yards
- Anytime this infamous Tom Brady quote from Super Bowl 42 is shown:
- Anytime Archie Manning is on screen
- Anytime David Tyree is mentioned/shown on screen
- Field Goal
- Onside kick
- Fumble Recovery
- Victor Cruz salsa dances
- Anytime you hear Joe Buck’s voice
- Anytime Peyton Manning appears on screen
- Player waves to the camera and says “Hi Mom”
- Anytime Madonna does a hip thrust during her act
- Blocked Punt/Kick
- Either team attempts 2 point conversion
- Vince Wilfork salsa dances
- Jim Irsay provides backup instrumentation for Kelly Clarkson’s national anthem
- The Tom Brady Combine picture is shown.
Finish Your Drink
- Fat man interception (take an extra shot if he scores)
- Anytime a quarterback gets sacked
- Chad Ochocinco catches a pass
- Missed Field Goal
- Fake Punt/FG
- Tom Coughlin or Bill Belichick smile
- Jim Irsay provides backup instrumentation for Madonn’a halftime show
- Tom Brady does this dance after a big play
- Anytime Tim Tebow is mentioned
Shotgun a 12 pack
- Chad Ochocinco scores a TD
Now it’s your turn.
What rules would you add? Comment below. If there are enough new rules added we’ll re-post before our Super Bowl 46 live blog on Sunday.