Tonight, #12 Indiana (13-1, 1-1) hosts #13 Michigan (12-2, 2-0) at the Assembly Hall in Bloomington. The Hoosiers are coming off a thrilling win over #2 Ohio State on New Year’s Eve, while Michigan has opened up the conference schedule with wins over Penn State and Minnesota.
One of these two teams will take a big step forward in the Big Ten race tonight, and as always The Assembly Call will go live as soon as the final buzzer sounds to provide instant analysis and a forum for live fan reaction.
- Date: Thursday, January 5th
- Time: 9:00 ET (8:00 CT)
- TV: ESPN2
- Announcers: Dave O’Brien and Dan Dakich (hell yes)
- Point Spread: Indiana -8
- Over-Under: 141
- Twitter accounts to follow: @AssemblyCall, @InsideTheHall, @ZachOsterman
- KenPom prediction: 77-64 Indiana (87% chance of victory)
- Peegs: IU-Michigan Gameday
- Inside The Hall: What To Expect – Michigan
- Inside Indiana by Zach Osterman: The VIP Room on recruiting, Michigan
I’m surprised that the spread and KenPom prediction are what they are. I do think Indiana will win this game, but Michigan has a number of really talented players, including Trey Burke and Tim Hardaway Jr., and I think they can certainly make this a competitive game. I look for it to be close throughout and for Indiana to ultimately grind out a solid 5-7 point victory. I will gladly take a 13-point win like KenPom predicts, but I’m setting myself up to be surprised if such an outcome happens.
What do you think will happen in tonight’s game? Comment below. We’ll see you back here after it’s over.
Indiana-Michigan Postgame Show
Call-in number: (858) 365-5571
Use this number to call in and provide your thoughts on-air or to listen on your phone.
(MOBILE USERS: CLICK HERE.)