In case you’re missing it, we are living in a baseball world where the following two tweets can pop up in succession, as they just did in my feed:
So let me get this straight:
- The Washington Nationals are going after Prince Fielder, the highest profile remaining free agent, and money is “no object”.
- The New York Yankees, desperate for veteran pitchers to solidify their leaky rotation, have apparently been priced out of the…wait for it…Edwin Jackson market.
Yes ladies and gents, we are living in a baseball world where this seeming fantasy is a reality.
- Albert Pujols is no longer a Cardinal.
- Mark Buehrle is no longer a White Sox.
- Jose Reyes and Hanley Ramirez are on the same team.
What a strange, strange offseason so far. I can’t wait to see what weird and extraordinary turn it takes next.