What a past couple of days for the NBA, eh fans?
We have rumors flying about just about every single team in the league, we have David Stern showing us why he is going to win the Dictator Of the Year award, and we have a lot of awkwardness inside NBA training camps (more specifically the Lakers).
You can be assured I am on top of things, and I have a few more juicy rumors and details that you guys might want to hear.
Also don’t forget to follow me on twitter for up-to-date news!
Latest Chris Paul Rumors
UPDATE (1 PM ET): Lakers, Hornets, and Rockets resubmit proposal of 3-team trade to league office.
While it’s become quite evident that Chris Paul is going to be departing from New Orleans sometime soon, it has become a mystery as to how and to where.
Since David Stern blocked the proposed three-team trade between the Lakers, Hornets, and Rockets, the NBA community began to unsettle. Was this a show of Stern’s power? Was this because the owners actually run the league? Or is it because Stern just didn’t like the trade?
Whichever you want to believe, the trade was pulled off the table by the league, much to the chagrin of Paul and others.
But hours later Hornets GM Dell Demps was given the ‘OK’ to once again begin looking at scenarios to move Paul out of New Orleans; more accurately, to Los Angeles.
The Lakers, Rockets, and Hornets have since begun trade talks and are now inching closer to a similar deal. While it is still unclear what the difference will be from the first trade, you can bet that CP3 will be a Laker by the end of the weekend.
Latest Dwight Howard Rumors
UPDATE (5:45 PM ET): Orlando Sentinel has learned from Magic GM Otis Smith that Dwight Howard has requested a trade.
UPDATE (6:05 PM ET): Y! Sports has learned that Dwight Howard has asked to be traded to the New Jersey Nets.
The whole Dwight Howard situation has been a bit of hassle of late.
The Rockets and Nets were both looking at tampering charges from the Orlando Magic, as rumor spread that Dwight had spoken with both teams in the recent past. Dan Feagan, agent of Dwight Howard, later told the media that no such thing had occurred. But what Feagan was able to tell us is that Dwight has been cleared by the Magic to speak with three teams. According to numerous reports, three of those teams could be out of the following: the Nets, Lakers, Clippers, Mavericks, Bulls.
From what I hear, the Nets are the leaders in the chase for Howard as both parties have interest, but the Nets also have FA Nene high on their wish list as well, so anything at this point is a possibility.
- The Boston Celtics have agreed to a sign-and-trade swap, giving up Glen Davis in exchange for Magic F Brandon Bass.
- The Miami Heat have signed Shane Battier, and are looking to acquire Eddy Curry.
- The New York Knicks have agreed to terms with C Tyson Chandler, and are looking to use their amnesty on PG Chauncey Billups.
- The Detroit Pistons have waived swingman Richard Hamilton. The Chicago Bulls have expressed strong interest.
- The Boston Celtics have acquired David West from the New Orleans Hornets, in a sign-and-trade for Jermaine O’Neal. O’Neal is reportedly going to ask to be waived.
- The Dallas Mavericks and Vince Carter are reportedly close to a deal.