We’ve been writing about fantasy football and the NFL here a lot recently…a lot. And frankly, I need a little break to get recharged for Week 3. I could think of no better way to accomplish this than by dusting off an old post type we haven’t done in a while: the photo gallery face off.
Instead of just featuring two lovely ladies in this edition of the face off, I’m going with three. Why? Because it seems to me that there have been three young women who have burst into superstardom over the past year or so, who I never really hear anyone say anything negative about — which is rare in this day and age of web-anonymous negativity.
But I cannot decide whose star is shining the brightest. I’m sure you all can help me.
The three women in question are Mila Kunis, Alison Brie, and Emma Stone. Below you will find a poll, a quick recap of their recent accomplishments, and a handful of my favorite pictures of each. Have at it, and don’t forget to cast your vote! (And comment with your reasoning should you so desire.)
- Starred in yet another hilarious season of Community, with Season 3 right around the corner
- Had a role in the hit show Mad Men
- Appeared in a rather memorable GQ photo shoot that was far from the most candid interview she gave. (Just ask the folks at Reddit, where they really love her.)
- Superbly portrayed the pivotal role of Skeeter in the movie version of The Help.
- Pulled off a captivating combination of cute and irresistible in Crazy Stupid Love.
- Charmed the hell out of everyone on every talk show she appeared on.
- Starred in Friends With Benefits with Justin Timberlake
- Played a darker role in The Black Swan, which featured this quite talked about NSFW scene with Natalie Portman.
- Was featured in a previous Photo Gallery Face Off with Natalie Portman. (Portman won 60%-40%)
I suppose I should cast my vote…
While I love Alison Brie in Community, and while I find Mila Kunis to be very likable in everything she does, I have to go with Emma Stone.
Not only is Stone a beautiful young woman with a particularly unique look (and truly remarkable eyes), she is extremely talented as an actress. I thought she was outstanding in The Help and maybe even better in Crazy Stupid Love. Plus, in interviews (which is really all we have to judge famous people by) she comes across as humble, down to earth, and, well, normal. Case in point:
So Emma Stone gets my vote. I’ll be curious to see who gets yours.