We all know Fantasy Football is about making the right roster moves every week. When you’re in a larger league, it is also about making bold predictions on players and knowing when to pull the trigger.
Every week this season I’ll be doing my best to help you make these moves by providing a list of bold predictions. I will miss some of these, but I assure you they will be based on facts and research. Some gut feelings- yes, but only backed by facts.
1. Did you know that the NFL has based their schedule around the Colts/Patriots matchup for nearly the last decade? It is an epic game that has held AFC seed implications for years. You know what game may be even more important to the Colts this year? Every game against the division favorite Houston Texans.
With Kerry Collins at the helm, expect the Colts to be running a ton of screen plays, short passes, and check-downs. Addai is healthy and going to be hungry. I expect 80 all purposed yards and a TD in his attempt to control the Texans.
2. Outside of Hollywood executives looking to begin the new hit series “The Law-Firm: Superhero for justice” BenJarvus Green-Ellis flew under the radar despite being consistent and productive. Against division rivals, Green-Ellis turned it on. I fully expect 100 yards and a TD from him to start the season.
3. McNabb, McCoy, and McLobster…. One of them will not be coming back with a vengeance this week. I fully expect 250 yards and two TDs minimum from each. Percy Harvin and Greg Little would be in my line up for sure.
4. Packers and Saints are both known for their prolific offense and ball movement. Rodgers and Brees are amazing, but this first game of the season will not see the high scoring action you may expect. In fact, I would bet one of these elite QBs just barely breaks the 200 yards mark. For all you bettors, I would be taking the under on 47.
5. In Rashard Mendenhall’s five games against the Ravens, he has averaged less than 60 YPG. In Michael Turner’s three games against the Bears, he has averaged less than 45 YPG. You likely spent a first or second round on both of these guys, but these stats are going to hold true again this year. Don’t expect more!
Bonus year long predictions:
- Addai will play 13 games and be a top fifteen back.
- Blount will be a top five fantasy running back this year.
- Peyton Manning will still manage a top ten QB finish this year, but will be tenth.
- Kenny Britt will be a top ten WR.