Kevin Bertolini (known around these parts as KVB) and I go way back. We met during our freshman year of high school, immediately developed scores of hilarious inside jokes, then promptly got separated by our teachers in almost every class we had together. We were also once told by our freshman year basketball coach to, “quit playing grab ass.” We’ve been great friends ever since.
Fortunately, we’ve never forgotten nor stopped developing our inside jokes, and our friendship – built on a firm foundation of constant laughter, random silliness, the White Sox, and yes, grab ass – endures to this day.
Kevin lives in Indiana and I live in Dallas, so we don’t see eachother as often, but we do talk on the phone regularly; and these conversations with Kevin always thoroughly entertain me. On the off chance that they entertain anyone else I decided to start a podcast series called Conversations with Kevin.
You should know that I have no plan for this right know other than simply to record some of our conversations and post them here. If it catches on, I’ll keep posting them. If it doesn’t, I’ll probably still keep posting them because it will give me an excuse to talk about the White Sox with Kevin during work hours.
And if you haven’t noticed, I’ve built my career around developing rationalizations to be able to talk, tweet, and blog about the White Sox during work hours. The job I always wanted and now I have it; I rule.
So anyway, here is Episode 1. It is appropriately titled “The Beginning”. I hope you enjoy it. Topic rundown below.
[Note: Podcast does contain naughty language like random f-bombs and "Chicago Cubs". You've been forewarned.]
Click play on the player below to listen:
How to subscribe to Conversations with Kevin:
- Subscribe to Conversations with Kevin on iTunes (coming soon)
- Join the Conversations with Kevin Email Digest to get an email whenever a new episode is posted (coming soon)
- Follow Conversations with Kevin on Twitter or via RSS to get random funny tweets and updates as soon as new episodes are posted.
- Download this quickcast in mp3 format for later: Right-click this link, then hit “save link as”
And here is a rundown of the wide variety of topics we touch on in Episode 1:
- How difficult day trading is in with the current market conditions
- The leadership of Paul Konerko
- Why it would be bad if White Sox fans followed the team’s “all in” marketing slogan
- Plans for Jerod’s trip to the Midwest in September
- How this conversation should be used as the first episode of a new podcast called “Conversations with Kevin”
- Kevin’s role as mascot of Midwest Sports Fans – the Midwest Sports Fans.
- The possibility of getting a “Midwest Sports Van” to ride around in and solve sports mysteries (plus other things that rhyme with “fan”…)
- How Trey Parker and Matt Stone could make the world a better place
- The age-old question: was Aesop (the fable guy) actually a Keebler Elf?
- Kudos for Kevin successfully quitting smoking
- The amazing picture of Shaq and his diminutive girlfriend. And other stuff.