It’s that time of the week again! Time for yet another edition of the sensation that is sweeping our baseball-loving the nation: the MLB Trivia Challenge Podcast, sponsored by Generational Equity and their newly re-launched article resource for business owners.
Before get on with this week’s challenge, a quick shout out to Quiz #3 winner Dan Greenham. Three people had perfect scores on Quiz #3 and Greenham was chosen as the winner of the $20 Chili’s gift certificates. I start off this week’s podcast by running down the current top 5 in the overall standings, and I will be posting expanded standings next Thursday so everyone can see where they stand in the race for the iPad and MLB.tv subscription.
But enough housekeepking. Let’s get rocking and rolling with some trivia and this week’s guest, a man who knows more about baseball transactions past, present, and future than you or I know about anything (combined). It’s Tim Dierkes, the founder and managing editor of MLB Trade Rumors.
As usual, Tim and I attack five of Ari’s difficult but fun questions for you to use as a guide in answering them yourselves. Then we move into talking baseball, focusing the 2012 contract situations for a number of teams and how those situations will impact this year’s trade deadline. We also discuss which surprise teams may be the first to declare themselves as buyers or sellers as we move throughout the summer.
The conversation is very informative, and Tim does as good a job as any guest we’ve had in answering the trivia questions (hint, hint). If you plan on completing the quiz, the podcast will definitely be worth a listen.
Use the player below to listen to Episode 4:
The link above skips you to the bottom of this page where quiz is embedded. Podcast will continue playing.
REMEMBER: The grand prize of an iPad and a subscription to MLB.tv is given to the person who tallies the most points throughout the season. Even if you missed the first two quizzes, you can go back and take them now:
A few quick notes:
- The MLB Trivia Challenge is available on iTunes. Listen and subscribe here.
- Be sure to follow the MSF Trivia Challenge Podcast on Twitter: @MLBTriviaMSF. We’ll provide links to the latest episodes as well as periodic trivia questions that don’t make the final cut for the show. Why? It’s a long summer…you can never have enough MLB trivia.
- If you like the intro and outro music, and I know you will, it was provided to us by the Twin Cats out of Indianapolis. We encourage you to like them on Facebook or check out their music here.
Your Turn to Compete and Win Prizes
Now onto the fun stuff: your chance to match wits with the “experts” and win prizes.
As explained on the rules and information page, we will be rewarding one winner each time a new MLB Trivia Challenge Podcast and quiz are posted. This winner will be awarded as follows:
- Each correct answer nets you one point. Most points wins.
- In the event of a tie, we will choose from the top group at random.
- The winner receives a $20 gift certificate to Chili’s*, which is perfect for a Chili’s Lunch Break.
- Weekly winners can go bold with the new six-dollar lunch break combo at Chili’s. Choose a house made soup or salad and then pick a half Texas Toast sandwich like the Southwestern BLT smothered in cilantro lime mayo.
- See all the great Lunch Break combos at Chilis.com.
- Note: You have ONE WEEK from today to submit yours answers and be eligible for the weekly prize. Next Thursday at 11:59 pm CT, entries are closed and we award a winner.
In addition to the weekly prizes, a grand prize winner will be chosen at the end of the season. Simply put, the grand prize winner will be the person who tallies up the most points throughout the season, regardless of when the quiz is taken.
A few final notes you need to know before we let you have at it with the first quiz:
- LISTEN to the podcast; each week we will be including one bonus question taken directly from our discussion.
- ONLY your first entry counts, for the weekly prize and grand prize.
- MAKE SURE you use the same UserID throughout the season. This is how we will keep track of your scores.
- PAY CLOSE ATTENTION to the instructions after each question. Due to the parameters of the quiz program we are using, and our inability to hand-grade thousands of quizzes each week, we must request that you very specific and particular in how you answer the questions. Thus, you MUST spell names correctly. Think of it this way: attention to detail is paramount in baseball, so shouldn’t it be part of the challenge? Absolutely.
Obviously we cannot post the answers because this is an ongoing trivia challenge.
Check back in two weeks when we’ll post the 5th episode of the MLB Trivia Challenge sponsored by Generational Equity. Remember: someone is winning an iPad and a subscription to MLB.tv when this is all said and done…it might as well be you.
* – Chili’s gift certificate good in U.S. only.