Please forgive my tardiness in getting the latest episode of the MLB Trivia Challenge Podcast (sponsored by the buyer ready experts at Generational Equity) posted. Scheduling dictated that we could not record until Thursday, and I only would have delayed if I really thought it was worth it.
And it was. Because this week’s guest is well worth the wait: sports blog patron saint, movie reviewer extraordinaire, and die-hard Cardinals fan Will Leitch.
Before we get to the podcast, begin, here are the current standings after Quiz #5. Dan Greenham remains on top with a perfect score, followed by Jeff Wallack and a host of others in the high 20s.
Remember: the overall winner at the end of the season gets an iPad and a subscription to MLB.tv for next season. And if you’re just finding out about the challenge now, you can always catch up on all the old podcasts and quizzes here. Scores are cumulative and entries can be submitted until the end of the season.
Last week’s quiz winner, and recipient of the $20 Chili’s gift certificates, is Pedro Diaz. Pedro is lurking behind Dan and Jeff. We’ll see if he can make a move over the season’s second half.
Now let’s get to this week’s Generational Equity Buyer Ready sponsored MLB Trivia Challenge podcast with Will Leitch.
Use the player below to listen to Episode 6:
The link above skips you to the bottom of this page where quiz is embedded. Podcast will continue playing.
A few quick notes:
- The MLB Trivia Challenge is available on iTunes. Listen and subscribe here.
- Be sure to follow the MSF Trivia Challenge Podcast on Twitter: @MLBTriviaMSF. We’ll provide links to the latest episodes as well as periodic trivia questions that don’t make the final cut for the show. Why? It’s a long summer…you can never have enough MLB trivia.
- If you like the intro and outro music, and I know you will, it was provided to us by the Twin Cats out of Indianapolis. We encourage you to like them on Facebook or check out their music here.
REMEMBER: The grand prize of an iPad and a subscription to MLB.tv is given to the person who tallies the most points throughout the season. Even if you missed the first four quizzes, you can go back and take them now:
Your Turn to Compete and Win Prizes
Now onto the fun stuff: your chance to match wits with the “experts” and win prizes.
As explained on the rules and information page, we will be rewarding one winner each time a new MLB Trivia Challenge Podcast and quiz are posted. This winner will be awarded as follows:
- Each correct answer nets you one point. Most points wins.
- In the event of a tie, we will choose from the top group at random.
- The winner receives a $20 gift certificate to Chili’s*, which is perfect for a Chili’s Lunch Break.
- Weekly winners can go bold with the new six-dollar lunch break combo at Chili’s. Choose a house made soup or salad and then pick a half Texas Toast sandwich like the Southwestern BLT smothered in cilantro lime mayo.
- See all the great Lunch Break combos at Chilis.com.
- Note: You have ONE WEEK from today to submit yours answers and be eligible for the weekly prize. Next Thursday at 11:59 pm CT, entries are closed and we award a winner.
In addition to the weekly prizes, a grand prize winner will be chosen at the end of the season. Simply put, the grand prize winner will be the person who tallies up the most points throughout the season, regardless of when the quiz is taken.
A few final notes you need to know before we let you have at it:
- LISTEN to the podcast; each week we will be including one bonus question taken directly from our discussion.
- ONLY your first entry counts, for the weekly prize and grand prize.
- MAKE SURE you use the same UserID throughout the season. This is how we will keep track of your scores.
- PAY CLOSE ATTENTION to the instructions after each question. Due to the parameters of the quiz program we are using, and our inability to hand-grade thousands of quizzes each week, we must request that you very specific and particular in how you answer the questions. Thus, you MUST spell names correctly. Think of it this way: attention to detail is paramount in baseball, so shouldn’t it be part of the challenge? Absolutely.
Obviously we cannot post the answers because this is an ongoing trivia challenge.
Check back in two weeks when we’ll post the 7th episode of the MLB Trivia Challenge sponsored by Generational Equity. Remember: someone is winning an iPad and a subscription to MLB.tv when this is all said and done…it might as well be you.
* – Chili’s gift certificate good in U.S. only.