Finally, the conference portion of the season is here in college football. I don’t know about you, but I get pretty bored during September watching (mostly) cupcake matchups all Saturday long. We won’t have to worry about that anyone.
This week’s college football schedule is filled with compelling matchups like Alabama-Florida, Oregon-Stanford, and Texas-Oklahoma; and that doesn’t even account for the great games in the Big Ten. So in this week’s Friday Football Preview we spend some time talking about college football, with a focus on the Big Ten.
But don’t worry NFL fans, the bulk of the time is still spent on America’s obsession. I give you my locks, preview the NFL Game of the Week, and discuss Donovan McNabb’s return to Philly with someone who understands the Philly perspective.
Update: Since we are facing eachother this week in the Blogger Fantasy Football League, sponsored by P&G, Dan Levy and I decided to be guests on eachother’s podcasts.
Check out today’s edition of the On the DL Podcast if you just haven’t heard enough of me talking after listening to the Friday Football Preview. (Actually, check it out and subscribe because it’s a consistently good, well done podcast.)
Listen to this week’s Friday Football Preview Podcast:
- You can also listen to the MSF Podcast on iTunes and subscribe to future episodes.
- Podcast Intro Song credit: “Superstar Struttin’” by .Records. (Indianapolis)
- Recap of last week’s locks (I went 3-0, making me 7-1-1 on the season).
- This week’s Locks of the Week – against the spread – and a preview of the Game of the Week and my Upset Alert.
- I am joined by Dan Levy, the host of On the DL Podcast, and also my opponent this week in the P&G-sponsored Blogger Fantasy Football League*, which is part of the Take it to The House promotion.
- Dan and I discuss Donovan McNabb’s return to Philly, which includes Dan’s not-so-flattering opinions about Donovan “telling the local media one thing and then the national media another.” We also discuss why either McNabb or Andy Reid had to go, Michael Vick’s rise, and I thank Dan for drafting Ray Rice over Adrian Peterson as we dissect why Dan’s fantasy football team has been such a disappointment this year…a trend we should all be rooting for to continue for at least one more week.
- After Dan, MSF contributor and Big Ten aficionado Wendell Willkie joins me for some Big Ten football talk. Since we are both proud graduates of Indiana University, we kick things off by discussing this Saturday’s IU-Michigan game before taking a look at Wisconsin-Michigan State and Penn State-Iowa. Wendell also makes one very bold prediction about a surprise team (not Indiana) that will contend for the Big Ten title.
- Wendell and I wrap up our conversation by talking about the Bears, where he makes yet another bold prediction. You need to hear this one to believe it.
* – The P&G Blogger Fantasy League (BFL) is a group of 12 digital sports influencers competing on the NFL.com fantasy platform for the chance to win P&G product, a donation to a local charity, and a trip to Super Bowl XLV, all furnished by P&G. The NFL Entities have not offered or sponsored the sweepstakes in anyway.