To all of the college football fans out there, my apologies once again…but we’re all NFL this morning on the Friday Football Preview. I promise that once there are some important Big Ten games we’ll talk about them on Friday mornings, but this week all of the marquee matchups are in the south.
There are, however, some important NFL matchups to talk about this morning, none bigger than the Packers-Bears rivalry that will be renewed on Monday night. I take a look at that game, along with some others, in this week’s Friday Football Preview Podcast.
Listen to this week’s Friday Football Preview Podcast:
- You can also listen to the MSF Podcast on iTunes and subscribe to future episodes.
- Podcast Intro Song credit: “Superstar Struttin'” by .Records. (Indianapolis)
Here is a rundown of what is discussed this week:
- I do a quick rewind to last week to see how my Locks of the Week performed in Week 2. (Hint: I did well again.)
- I provide this week’s NFL locks (ATS, of course), my upset pick of the week, and preview the Bears-Packers Monday nighter.
- Phil Van der Vossen of Gunaxin.com (and also my opponent this week in the P&G sponsored Blogger Fantasy Football League, part of the Take It To The House program) joins me to talk about the Browns-Ravens and Redskins-Rams games. Phil is an East-coaster so he provides his analysis from a Ravens/Redskins fan’s perspective.
- Finally, Stephanie Stradley (another member of BFL 2010), aka “The Texans Chick“, who writes for FanHouse and The Houston Chronicle, joins me along with Matt Lawrence from Dallas Sports Fans to preview the Texans-Cowboys game that takes place this Sunday.
Links of note:
* – The P&G Blogger Fantasy League (BFL) is a group of 12 digital sports influencers competing on the NFL.com fantasy platform for the chance to win P&G product, a donation to a local charity, and a trip to Super Bowl XLV, all furnished by P&G. The NFL Entities have not offered or sponsored the sweepstakes in anyway.