This is it in most Fantasy Football League’s… The final week of the regular season.
Will you make the playoffs? Will you take the first seed? Are you in and trying to avoid being forced out?
Whatever your situation, PFI will provide answers with this week’s sleeper and waiver wire steal recommendations. Ryan Fitzpatrick and Kenny Britt were two of the hottest names in Week 12 and we’ll discuss their potential to help you get a W in Week 13.
Before getting into this week’s Sleepers and Waiver Wire Steals, let’s check out how PFI did last week!
PFI provided you with the following sleeper picks that were probably available in even deep leagues last week:
- Rock Cartwright-RB-Redskins-Cartwright did not perform as well as I would have liked, but was more than involved in the offense. Cartwright finished with 15 carries for 38 yards, and added 3 catches for 26 yards. With 18 touches, I would have expected to see more yardage and a TD in the absence of Clinton Portis and Laddel Betts.
- Jermichael Finley-TE-Packers-Finley’s counterpart, Donald Lee finished on the upside of this battle with a touchdown, but Finley was targeted by Aaron Rodgers 6 times which equated to 3 catches for 25 yards. This was no where near Finley’s last performance earlier in the year against the same Detroit team.
- Chris Chambers-WR-Chiefs-Chambers continues to have great game after great game with the Chiefs. As I said before, the more Chambers plays with Matt Cassel, the more they will gel together. Chambers had 7 catches for 70 yards and a touchdown!
- Kyle Boller-QB-Rams-Boller was not amazing, but did produce. He was a perfect fill if you were out of a QB this week. Boller had 282 yards passing, a TD and 26 rushing yards.
- Donnie Avery-WR-Rams-Avery did exactly what I thought he would do, score! Avery finished with 42 yards and a TD.
So who are the bottom of the barrel waiver wire pick-ups and sleepers for this week?
Week 13 Sleepers and Waiver Wire Steals
Vince Young has been on a tear since his reemergence as the Titans starting quarterback. Over the last two games, Britt has emerged as Young’s favorite target. Britt’s last game included a game winning touchdown with time expiring and 7 catches for 128 yards. Britt now has a TD in two consecutive games and Britt is available in 92% of fantasy leagues, and will be needed by Young to pull off a win over the undefeated Colts this week.
Chris Brown – RB – Texans | Sleeper and Waiver Wire Steal
This is why I told anyone who would listen not to get sucked in by Ryan Moats three weeks ago, Moats was not going to be involved for a long period of time. I can however see Brown taking a third to half of Slaton’s carries per game. Brown has had back to back 11 carry games, and on his 11 carries last week, he totaled 56 yards rushing, a TD and 20 yards receiving on 3 receptions. Brown faces the Jaguars this week, which should be a offensive onslaught for the Texans.
Ryan Fitzpatrick – QB – Bills | Sleeper and Waiver Wire Steal
The Bills said that they will play their QB which gives them the best chance of winning. If you ask T.O., I am sure he will tell you that Ryan is that QB. Fitzpatrick is 3 and 3 on the season in games he was involved in, comapaired to the 1 win the Bills had with Trent Edwards. Fitzpatrick is coming off of a monster game against a good Dolphins Defense as he totaled 246 yards passing, a passing TD, 50 yards rushing with a rushing TD. They will play a stiffer defense this week in the Jets, but none the less, Fitzpatrick is a starting option in deep leagues. Ryan is available in 99% of fantasy leagues.
For more Sleepers and Waiver Wire Steals for Week 13 from PFI, Click Here!
This week is most likely a must win for you. If you have any questions, ask me in the comments section of this article. Become a fan of ProFootballinsight on Facebook or follow me on Twitter for up to the minute releases on article releases and other fantasy information.
Kurt Fraschetti / ProFootballinsight
* – Kenny Britt photo credit: John Russell – AP via Music City Miracles