We’re a little light on the updates today, but we’ll have something special for you later this evening or tomorrow morning: an interview with Jimmy Traina of SI.com’s Hot Clicks.
As a preview, I want to highlight a great line a few minutes ago in a story that I found while making my way towards today’s Hot Clicks (starring the lovely Minka Kelly). The line is from SI.com college football Stewart Mandel and sounds like the kind of observation we’d hear in a Jerry Seinfeld stand-up routine.
We entrust computers to protect our credit card information, deliver important documents and identify potential dating partners — but to evaluate football teams? Now that makes us leery.
The quote is from this week’s mailbag and comes during a discussion of the Iowa Hawkeyes’ surprising (to some) jump to #4 in the most recent BCS polls. He also discusses why too many people are reserving a spot at the Downtown Athletic Club for Tim Tebow, despite Tebow’s underwhelming performance to date.
Here are a few other random links to satiate your sports blog appetite since we aren’t delivering quite as many goods today:
- Great review of the Muhammad vs Larry 30 for 30 documentary. I watched most of it and concur with Ty Duffy’s assessment on The Big Lead.
- Ironic: ESPN memo instructing employees not to “snitch” and/or leak sensitive information gets leaked to Deadspin.
- It’s not good to be Ted Ginn right now.
- Josh Q. Public is excited about what he saw out of Paul Pierce last night. Cleveland fans aren’t.
- If you’re in the mood for some midday eye candy, Straight Pinkie has a nice gallery of Sofia Vergara.
- MoonDog details the woman who tried to exchange sex for World Series tickets on eBay.
- The guys at Rumors and Rants discuss Tim Tebow’s ever-plummeting draft stock.
- Are friends at NQTC have the Derrick Rose/Dwigth Schrute commercial.
- i94sports compares the ’96 Packers and Favre with the ’09 Vikings and Favre.