Today’s Link of the Day comes courtesy of the fine folks over at 3rd Saturday in Blogtober (via Deadspin), who were sent a nice little trio of pics taken recently outside Neyland Stadium (I think). They performed what I am sure was a difficult task of viewing and posting the pictures.
We thank them.
No, the pics are not of future top-10 pick Eric Berry, nor do they feature stud freshman Bryce Brown. Rather, they feature everyone’s favorite Volunteer fan: Lane Kiffin’s wife Layla Kiffin.
She is also the reason why Lane Kiffin was so willing to stir the pot and talk about singing Rocky Top “all night long” after the Vols beat Florida in Gainesville this weekend. Surely he knows, as does everyone else, that Tennessee will do well to keep the game within the 29.5 point spread. But at the end of the day, regardless of the score, he’ll have Layla there to pick up the pieces of his broken Saturday.
Why I thought I needed to come up with any kind of intro for this post, I’m not sure. Here is your link to 3SIB plus a preview of what awaits when you click through. (FYI…I did not put the best of the three pictures here.)
Holy shinkeys: Layla! — (3rd Saturday in Blogtober)
And now, some other less exciting but more informative afternoon links.
- Patriots’ Bob Kraft rated NFL’s best owner — (MoonDog)
- Picking up the pieces: Milwaukee Bucks — (Give Me The Rock)
- Chocking Hazard: Jay or the Toy? — (Jay Cutler Superstar)
- More MJ (I don’t care if you’re sick of him edition) — (Not Qualified to Comment)
- Wrigley Field scoreboard to go electric? — (i94 Sports)
- 3 pieces and biscuit NFL Weekly Review — (Black Sports Online)
- Suzy Kolber literally chases down Tom Brady for an interview — (Busted Coverage)
- NFL Power Rankings: Week 2 — (My Sports Rumors)
- Indians’ 2010 schedule a little more fan-friendly — (Waiting For Next Year)
- Hall of Famer or not? — (Sparty and Friends)
- Kentucky to release report on basketball violation — (Straight Pinkie)
- How to get fired: by Dick Jauron — (Major League Jerk)
- MLB All-Decade Team and Statistical Category Leaders — (Tom Verducci, SI)
- Kanye West sorry, and still a douche — (Thunder Treats)
- Casino Capitalism: Administration gaming the system for Wall Street Titans — (Huffington Post)
- To all universities: stop bitching — (Spewf)
- Star Wars bloopers: a new hope — (Gunaxin)